Friday 22 March 2013

End of the week?

It seems that many people do nothing all weekend, every weekend.  I, on the other hand, work most weekends.  People are always telling cashiers to enjoy their weekend off.  In reality if it wasn't for us you would have no where to shop.  I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but people in my fine city can't go a day without shopping.  Next weekend - for example - will be pandemonium all around, not only are we closed Friday but we have the nerve to shut down two days later on Sunday as well.  Easter weekend is one, of a very few, that I get off - all 4 days, from work.  I will not go shopping on Saturday or Monday unless absolutely needed and plan on doing what I can to avoid that.  Those days will be crazy.

Today, for me, is not the end of the week.  I don't have a day off work until Tuesday.  By this, I mean my money paying job.  My best job kicks in when i'm not at Home Depot.  I comes with hugs, kisses, love, smiles and of course our fair share of attitude.  So I work non-stop, I don't get a day off very often, forget about weekends, they are just other days to spend with my kids or head out to work.

I'm waiting for April when I get to run away for some retail therapy - with no kids and no work.  That will be my weekend.  3 days and 3 nights in the States with no worries about anything until I get home to see the chaos that occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment